Even the texts we now send on messaging apps have video options wherein we can send short video clips that define our emotions.
The point is, the world has developed digitally and now just images aren’t going to cut it. Viewers need to see something that is in motion. That’s why short video clips are being used in many areas. Long videos take time to upload and demand larger file sizes. So, short videos are the current content choice.
May it be an Instagram story or a Facebook ad, you can create breathtaking videos with OFFEO. It is our tool for creating short compelling videos. Even if you are not a professional videographer then also you can use OFFEO to make awesome videos for your brand.
Videos are a great way to get through to your audience. Here is why more and more marketers are using videos as a marketing tool. –
- 95% of the viewers retain the message when they watch a video, rather than just reading the text.
- Videos attract 2 to 3 times more monthly visitors as compared to text or images.
- 46% of viewers act on the CTA after viewing an ad
- A video on the landing page will make it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of SERP (search engine results pages)
- Videos on a landing page can crank up the conversion rates by 80%.
All these numbers prove that video content works wonders. It engages more people and boosts your business. So, incorporating a video marketing strategy in your business plans is a must.
Videos become a hundred times more attractive when they have a stunning background. Audiences like to watch aesthetically pleasing videos. You can’t just put up anything on the internet, you need to curate it, and select a great video background.
What are video backgrounds?
Background videos are insanely popular nowadays, and they do exactly what their name suggests -it is Videos playing in the background of any content or form.
Any video like the one you see above can be used as a background for your content. You may use it for foregrounding your text, product, or ad. Video backgrounds have an edge over other static backgrounds because
- It gives a sense of movement.
- It hooks the viewers in.
- It looks aesthetically pleasing.
- It boosts conversion rates.
Video backgrounds are here to stay, they are used in ads, landing pages, and product videos, etc. In the past few decades, it has become possible to revolutionize videos. There has been a new technique called the green screen. It is used by video creators to change video backgrounds.
What is Green Screen?
You must have watched the Lord of the Rings or Avengers. These movies serve a phantasmagoric delight to the viewers – dragons breathing fire, otherworldly creatures! All this would have been impossible without the use of green screens.
In the video above you can see the behind of scenes video of the Avengers movies. Here, the green screen was used to add the made-up fantasy world background that is inherent to Avengers fighting scenes.
Green Screen is used in the background of videos, so during the editing, the background could be replaced. Movie creators use the green screen on large scales while others use it according to their needs. Editors only use blue or green screens because these two colors are considered to be the furthest away from the natural skin color. That makes replacing the background easy for the editor. There is minimal danger of damaging the human figure on the screen.
How do I change the background on my green screen video?
If you want to add some special effects to your videos, then a green screen is the way to go. For editing green screen videos you need proper tools. The most used tools are Photoshop and iMovie. There are plenty of software out there but these tools are easier to use.
How to change a green screen background in iMovie?
- Prepare background footage and the green screen background video.
- Start a new iMovie project, from File > Import > Movies.
- Select the videos, then all you have to do is drag and drop the videos over each other.
- Drag the background-clip into the timeline, you can crop, trim, adjust this background image/video as you like
- And then click on the green screen footage and drag it down to the timeline. Make sure you put it into the track above the background image/video.
- The two footage needs to have the same length, so they can overlay perfectly.
- Click the green screen footage in the timeline (it will be highlighted by a yellow box)
- Click on “Video Overlay Settings” over the preview window
- Choose the “Green/Blue Screen” option.
- Use the “Softness” and “Clean-up” tool, to edit the video further.
This is how you can change the background of a green screen video on i<ovie. There are tools like Photoshop that can help you add images or slides to your green screen videos. It saves you time and makes your video creative.
However, not everyone is well versed in video editing. Green screen is used by popular vloggers, Youtubers, movie creators. But how to change the video background without the green screen method?
How can I put a background on a video without a green screen?
Using a green screen, and editing may be a far fetched idea for many. If you want to create a video for your landing page or want to create a short video ad, then going into the effort of green screening a video is too much. You can always take the easy way out and use a tool to remove the background from your videos.
OFFEO is an online video maker that works great when it comes to changing backgrounds. Even if you are in a hurry, it will take just a few minutes to change the background with OFFEO.
- Log in to your OFFEO account.
- Click on “Create Project”
- Then get started by clicking “Start new”, if you want to start from scratch.
- Choose a template that suits your goal. (here we have chosen dynamic typography)
- Choose a template.
- Click on “Replace Video”, then go to “Stocks” on the left hand panel.
- Click on a video footage you like, or you think will match your needs. Then add it.
- The new video footage will overlap the previous layer. You can drag it along the background to cover it fully, or do a semi coverage for a cool feel.
- Then you can add text, and animate as required.
- Click download after you are finished.
Changing background with OFFEO is very easy. It saves time and needs no prior editing skills. It is a must have tool in your corner.
We have some stunning stock footage in our OFFEO collection that you can use as your background video.